Baked Spinach Pancakes In Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 405 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66722 times
Lovely spinach pancakes served with spicy tomato gravy.
- Put the spinach to cook with very little water.
- When cooked, blend in a liquidiser.
- Mix the flour, ghee, salt and milk. Add half of the spinach puree and mix well.
- Prepare pancakes on a non-stick frying pan using a little ghee.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients along with the remaining spinach puree.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and chilli powder and cook until soft. Blend in a liquidiser.
- Spread a little tomato gravy at the bottom of a greased baking dish. Put a pancake in the dish, spread some vegetables and a little gravy on top.
- Repeat and build up layers of pancakes, vegetables and gravy in this manner.
- Finally, cover with the cream and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Take french beans, carrots, green peas, potatoes, cauliflower as the mixed vegetables.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.