urad dal and vegetable appe recipe | South Indian dal appe | vegetable appe recipe |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53448 times
urad dal and vegetable appe recipe | South Indian dal appe | healthy vegetable appe | with 28 amazing images.
Healthy vegetable appe is South Indian staple snack or breakfast recipe. Learn how to make urad dal and vegetable appe recipe | South Indian dal appe | healthy vegetable appe |
Urad dal, generally the basic ingredient for vadas, takes on the form of appe in this delicious South Indian dal appe recipe! A batter of soaked urad is perked up with spice powders and grated veggies before being cooked in an appe mould till crisp and golden in colour.
Since this irresistible urad dal and vegetable appe does not have rice in it, it does not require fermentation and can be made immediately upon grinding. You can add the veggies of your choice, but prefer to grate and chop them finely.
Tips to make urad dal and vegetable appe recipe: 1. Then turn each appe upside down using a fork and spoon or 2 spoons so as to cook them from the other side using a little oil. 2. You can also add chopped onions in appe. 3. Instead of red chilli powder you can also add finely chopped green chillies.
Enjoy urad dal and vegetable appe recipe | South Indian dal appe | healthy vegetable appe | with detailed step by step images.
- To make urad dal and vegetable appe, clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the urad dal and approx. ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the urad dal mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat an appe mould on a medium flame and grease it using a little oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter into each mould and put little oil on the sides and on it. Cook till the lower surface becomes golden brown and then turn each appe upside down using a fork so as to cook them from the other side using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more appes.
- Serve the urad dal and vegetable appe immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Urad Dal and Vegetable Appe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.