Corn Cheese Balls ( Starter )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 260 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 230092 times
corn cheese balls recipe | cheese corn balls | crispy corn cheese balls | with amazing 40 images
Looking for a lip smacking starter recipe for your kids birthday bash or for a high tea party? "Corn cheese balls" is definitely the ideal recipe. The cheese corn balls recipe is super quick and easy to make and the combination of cheese and corn is supreme.
Corn cheese ball is a recipe that is loved by all the age groups, from a toddler to the eldest of the family. We have divided the procedure of making it into 3 stages.
The first stage is making the thick white sauce which will help in binding the corn cheese balls. Start with melting butter in a pan, add equal quantity of plain flour to it. Cook it until its frothy and the raw smell goes away, add milk and stir continuously till you get a nice lump make sure there are no lumps in the prepared thick white sauce.
Once the white sauce is ready transfer it to a plate and allow it to cook, then add boiled and crushed corn to it, make sure there is no water left or it will make the mixture watery and hard to bind. Add processed cheese, you can also use mozarella cheese or even mix the cheese with the white sauce base. Add chopped coriander, green chillies and mix all the ingredients together. You can also add mixed herbs and chilli flakes to it. Then divide and roll in small balls and keep aside.
For frying the corn cheese balls, dip the prepared balls in the slurry, coat the with bread crumbs and deep fry If you want your corn cheese balls even crispier use panko bread crumbs. While deep frying, if your corn cheese balls are breaking add corn flour, mix again and then fry. To make them even colourful and add more flavour you an even add chopped vegetables like bell peppers or broccoli to it.
Corn cheese balls makes an luscious starter and it just melts down in the mouth. It is not only treat to your taste buds but also to eyes. It is eye appealing and would give a tough competition to other starters that you would serve along.
Serve corn cheese balls with tomato ketchup or schezwan sauce!!
Enjoy corn cheese balls recipe | cheese corn balls | crispy corn cheese balls recipe with step by step photos and video below.
- To make corn cheese balls, heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Add the milk and allow to simmer till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to a plate.
- Add the corn,cheese, coriander, green chillies and salt. Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix well and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape each into a round ball.
- Dip a few balls at a time in the flour-water mixture and roll them in the breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sdies.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the corn cheese balls a few at time on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve the corn cheese balls immediately with tomato ketchup.
Corn Cheese Balls Video by Tarla Dalal
Corn Cheese Balls ( Starter ) recipe with step by step photos
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan on a slow flame and let it melt.
- Add the plain flour.
- Stir and cook for half a minute, you will see the flour becomes frothy and whitish and the raw smell of the flour goes slowly.
- Gradually add the milk. After adding the milk allow to simmer and keep on stirring, ensure that it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Keep on stirring and cooking till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan and becomes a nice smooth, thick lump.
- The thick white sauce is ready. Transfer it in a plate.
- Add the boiled and crushed sweet corn to the thick white sauce.
- Add grated processed cheese. Corn and cheese is a lip-smacking combo and here we have mixed it with a base of white sauce which helps in binding everything together.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Add chopped green chillies. You can even use chili flakes and dried mixed herbs to perk up the taste.
- And finally add salt to taste. Allow the white sauce and corn mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix well and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions.
- Shape each into a round ball. Ensure that there are no cracks on it.
- In a small bowl mix the plain flour and water. Mix well and see that there are no lumps.
- Dip a few balls at a time in the flour-water mixture.
- Roll them in the breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides. Always use one hand to dip the balls in the flour-water mixture and the other hand to roll them in the breadcrumbs, this will give a smooth breadcrumbs coating on the balls and the breadcrumbs will not become wet and soggy.
The Corn Cheese Balls coated in the flour-water mixture and breadcrumbs are ready for frying. You can make these ahead of time and keep them refrigerated. Fry just before the serving time.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and check for perfect temperature of the oil. Do a test run by first frying a very small lump from the corn cheese balls mixture. Read handy tip for knowing more about perfect temperature.
Deep-fry the Corn Cheese Balls on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Do not rush in turning them or else they might break in the oil.
Drain Corn Cheese Balls on absorbent paper.
Plate the Corn Cheese Balls with a decorative toothpick on each ball. To make the Corn Cheese Balls more appealing you can attach a small cheese cube and corn to the toothpick.
Serve Corn Cheese Balls immediately with homemade tomato ketchup recipe or roasted bell pepper dip.
You can serve them at your next dinner party. Pasta Cheese Balls, Paneer Cheese balls are other interesting starter recipes that will be enjoyed by both kids and adults.
- After boiling the corn, ensure it is drained completely. There should not be too much moisture left in it.
- Instead of breadcrumbs, you can use panko crumbs for coating.
- You can make it little colorful by adding finely chopped vegetables like capsicum and carrots. Also, they give a nice bite on frying.
- Instead of grated processed cheese, you can use cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or a combination of all.
- If the cheese balls start bursting in the oil, then add little cornflour and plain flour for binding.
While frying, the cheese balls should fry and come up gradually to the surface. If it remains at the bottom let the oil heat for some more time and if it comes up in a jiffy reduce the flame.
Once you get the perfect temperature of the oil, gently slide the Corn Cheese Balls in batches.
Nutrient values per ball
|Vitamin A||120.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.