roasted chana dal
Last Updated : Feb 21,2023
What is roasted Chana Dal? Glossary | Benefits, Uses + Recipes |
Viewed 197755 times
Also Known as
What is roasted chana dal, roasted daria?
Roasted chana dal, as the name suggests, is obtained by roasting chana dal. It gives chickpeas a wonderfully rich and nutty taste. Roasted chana dal is tiny, tough and creamy white with a crispy texture, and mild aroma and taste.
How to Select roasted chana dal, roasted daria
• Roasted chana dal is easily available and is easy to store too.
• It can be bought readymade or roasted at home.
• If buying dried, inspect the beans to make sure they were stored in a covered container, are whole, unblemished, and have no moisture damage.
Culinary Uses of roasted chana dal, roasted daria
• Chutney can be made by pounding roasted chana dal along with curry leaves, coriander, salt, cumin seeds, and dried red chilli and then mixing in a little curd to form a smooth paste.
• Roasted chana dal, in combination with peanuts, sesame seeds, dry coconut, red chillies, asafetida, salt and ghee makes an excellent spice powder, which can be sprinkled on upma or had with idli, dosa or uttapa. Store in an airtight container.
• Roasted chana dal is used by south Indians to prepare coconut chutney.
• It is been also used in Poha Chivda.
• It can also be eaten plain as a snack, or spruced up with tomato, cucumber, onion, red chilli powder and a little lime juice.
• It can also be powdered or coarsely crushed before using in recipes.
How to Store roasted chana dal, roasted daria
• Always store roasted chana dal in a dry airtight container at room temperature.
• It is better to sort before use, to remove stones and other debris if any.
Health Benefits of roasted chana dal, roasted daria
• Roasted chana dal is an outstanding source of manganese, folate, protein, dietary fibre, copper, phosphorous and iron.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.